The lotus was called “food of the gods” by the ancient Greeks. It is known for its excellent taste and nutritional properties. The consumption of dried lotions has extremely beneficial effects on health:
1) It helps strengthen immunity, helps heal scars and prevents cardiovascular diseases. Dried lotuses are an excellent source of vitamin C.
2) Improves vision, cell growth and bone system. Dried persics contain a large amount of vitamin A.
3) They fight hypertension and improve heart function. Potassium is one of the most important nutrients that lotuses contain.
4) Improve enzymatic functions. Lotuses are highly valued due to the content of B vitamins such as: folic acid, pyridoxine (vitamin B6), thiamine, etc., which are used in a number of functions of enzyme metabolism in the body.
5) They have anti-inflammatory properties. The persaturates contain phytonutrients, flavonoids and antioxidant polyphenols such as: catechins and gallotechnine, as well as the important anticancer compound – betulinic acid. Catechins are known for their ability to fight infections, their anti-inflammatory and antihemorrhagic action (they prevent bleeding from small blood vessels).
6) They help against constipation and intestinal discomfort.
7) Dried lotuses are an excellent food that fills us with energy because of their richness in fructose, the easiest to digest fuel for cells. You can have them for breakfast and after a workout, when blood sugar and insulin levels are low.