Simple Tunisian Dates

6.50 kg

Dates are the fruit of phoenix dactylifera L. palm tree or else hurmades, a tree found in tropical and subtropical climates especially in Southwest Asia and North Africa.

vegannaturalgmopreservative
Choose weight in gr.:
Pieces

Description

Dates are the fruit of phoenix dactylifera L. palm tree or else hurmades, a tree found in tropical and subtropical climates especially in Southwest Asia and North Africa.
Dates are a fruit consumed since ancient times, especially in the areas of Mesopotamia where they were a key component of the diet of the peoples who lived there. Today, the production of dates is constantly increasing, with countries such as Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and other countries in this region being the world’s first to produce dates.
Dates consist of about 70% of natural sugars, mainly fructose and glucose in equal proportion, which makes them a rich source of energy. The remaining 30% is occupied by proteins, fiber and various micronutrients such as potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. More specifically, 100g of dates yield about 280 kcal, while they can cover at least 15% of our daily needs in the above metals. Dates also contain small amounts of B vitamins, and are a rich source of fiber, mainly insoluble. In the table below you can see detailed information about their nutritional composition.
Traditionally, dates have been used for many medicinal purposes in various cultures, from gastrointestinal problems to fever, swelling and bronchitis. In recent years a number of studies confirm this usefulness thanks to their rich nutritional value.